Thursday, February 3, 2011

Summer Trip 2011

As I've canoed much of Algonquin over the past 28 seasons I'm always looking for routes in areas that I haven't been yet.  As per every winter I spend time pouring over the Canoe Routes map planning trips for the coming summer.  As tradition dictates I always do a summer trip with my dad as he was the first person (along with my grandfather) who I did a canoe trip with many years ago, and was the person I did my first trip in Algonquin.

So now I'm once again in the route planning stage for this summer's canoe trip.  Currently I have 27 possible routes selected and of course I need to whittle that down to one.  My dad will get a list of the possible trips and he will short list it to the routes he likes best and thinks he's capable of doing now that he is into his 60's.  This year I've also posted a list of my top seven routes on my blog where visitors can vote for the 4-5 day route they like best.

Apart from planning routes for the upcoming season, I am also currently working on a Web site on a guide to canoe tripping in Algonquin.  This is a slow work in progress as free time to myself is quite limited these days but hopefully I'll have it up within the next year.  In the meantime if anyone has any questions about canoeing in Algonquin's backcountry feel free to drop me a line.

Happy paddling!






No comments:

Post a Comment